Friday, August 15, 2008

The G.R.E.

Last Friday, I took the GRE (Graduate Record Examination), which is a standardized test for entering graduate schools. I made a 580 on the Quantitative section, and a 570 on the Verbal section. A perfect score would be 800/800. As right-brained as I am, I was surprised to see that the quantitative part was higher, but I believe 1150 is an acceptable score. Having to drive to Oxford, MS, and back to take the test was rather annoying, especially for having already spent 140 bucks just to take it.

Today, I received in the mail a small package from ETS (Educational Testing Service), who administers the GRE. Within the package was the GRE POWERPREP Software, for helping me prepare for taking the GRE. It was nice of them to send that to me a week after I took the test. I will file it away in case I want to retake it.



Antaŭan vendredon, mi prenis la GRE (La Ekzameno de Postdiplomaj Arĥivoj), kiu estas ekzameno normigita por enveni postdiplomajn lernejojn. Mi ricevis 580 je la kvanta parto, kaj 570 je la verba parto. Noto perfekta estus 800/800. Estante dekstra-cerbita, mi surpriziĝis, ke la kvanta parto estis pli alta, sed mi kredas, ke 1150 estas akceptebla noto. Devi veturigi oksforden por prenis la ekzamenon estis iom ĝena, antaŭ ĉio ĉar mi elspezis $140 nur por preni ĝin.

Hodiaŭ, mi ricevis poŝte malgrandan paketon de ETS (Eduka Ekzamenanta Servo), kiu administras la GRE-on. En la paketo, mi trovis la GRE POWERPREP softvaron, kiu helpas prepari pri la ekzameno. Ĝi estis bona, ke ili sendis al mi tion ĉi, unu semajno post mi prenis la ekzamenon. Mi deponos ĝin por la okazo ke mi volas repreni ĝin.

No comments: